If you have concerns about feeding or the nutrition of a baby/child or young person our dietitians can give you practical support to help with their condition.
Our children’s dietetic service is available for children and young people who live in Northumberland and North Tyneside.
We can help with:
- Advising on nutritional support (tube feeding/oral nutritional supplements) for children who require it
- Nutrition and vitamin deficiency. We can provide a nutritional assessment and give tailored advice, for example, for those who have iron deficiency anaemia
- Providing advice for children/young people who are underweight and overweight
- Specialist dietary advice for a child/young person with food allergies, diabetes and coeliac disease
- Dietary advice for children/young people with a learning disability or autism who are selective eaters/fussy eaters
- Supporting children/young people with an eating disorder and their parents/carers
We can see you at our general hospital sites in Hexham, North Tyneside and Wansbeck and at our community hospitals in Alnwick and Berwick. We also run clinics in special schools.
We accept referrals from any healthcare professional working with the child or young person and their family e.g. doctor, health visitor, nurse.
If you are 16 or over and still require support with your diet to help with your condition we will work alongside our colleagues in adult dietetic service to ensure they are aware of your needs
Our office is based at:
Department of Nutrition and DieteticsNorth Tyneside General Hospital
Our opening times are Monday to Friday 9.00am-4.30pm