Nominations for this years elections to the council of governors’ are now open until 5pm on Thursday 12 May. If an election is contested voting packs will be despatched to members in the contested constituencies from 7 June. Results will be announced on Friday 1 July.
There are vacancies available in the following public constituencies this year:
- Berwick upon Tweed (two vacancies)
- Blyth Valley (three vacancies)
- North West Tyneside (one vacancy)
- Wansbeck (one vacancy)
- Wallsend (two vacancies)
- North Shields (one vacancy)
There are vacancies available in the following staff constituencies this year:
- Berwick Infirmary (one vacancy)
- Morpeth NHS centre and Blyth community hospital (one vacancy)
- Wansbeck general hospital (one vacancy)
- Hexham general hospital (two vacancies)
- North Tyneside general hospital (two vacancies)
- Northumbria specialist emergency care hospital (two vacancies)
If you are thinking of applying to become a governor we recommend you read the documents below about the role. If you have any questions about becoming a governor please contact the foundation team foundation
You can apply to be a governor online at www.
- Phone 0208 889 9203
- Text: Text 2FT NO and your name and address to 88802
This page will be regularly updated with information throughout the election process.