The Nutrition and Dietetics Service is a team consisting of Dietitians, Dietetic Assistant/Practitioners, Nurses and Administration staff. We see patients across all of Northumbria (adults and children) in a range of specialities. Our team provide input in all of our acute hospitals as well as services in primary care.
- North Tyneside
- Wansbeck General
- Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital
- All community hospitals.
- We also provide services into primary care, including GP clinics/home visits.
We provide expertise into conditions such as malnutrition, obesity, diabetes, artificial tube feeding, bariatrics, gastrointestinal disorders and paediatrics.
The service is structured into specialty teams all led by a clinical team lead. There is an acute team of dietitians who cover all of the acute hospital sites, including our community hospitals. We have specialist nurses working in our service who care for our patients who require artificial feeding and an outreach service is provided around management of the feeding tube. The team has support staff, including Dietetic Assistants/Practitioners and Administration staff who all play a key role in delivering the dietetics service.
- Head of Service – Emma Emmerson
- Deputy Head of Service – Sian Podbur
- Clinical lead North Tyneside – Wendy Cochrane
- Clinical Lead Wansbeck – Nicola Cunningham
- Clinical Lead NSECH – Alex Fiddes
- Diabetes Lead – Erin Pringle
- Paediatrics Lead – Natalie Mohamdee
- Community Nutrition Lead – Sally Foster/Jo Cooper
- Nutrition Nurse Lead - Madeleine Lee
- Admin Lead – Theresa Edgar