At the one to one centre in Blyth we provide free and confidential sexual health services for residents in North Tyneside aged 13 and over.
From Monday, 7 March, our One to One Centre in Blyth will open:
- Monday 8.45am – 5pm
- Tuesday 8.45am – 5pm
- Wednesday 8.45am – 7.30pm
- Thursday 8.45am – 7.30pm
- Friday 8.45am – 3pm
- Saturday 9am – 5pm (by appointment only)
- Closed some Bank Holidays – ring us for more information
Service (including phonelines) will be closed Monday -Thursday and Saturday 12.30pm-1.30pm.
There is no walk-in service available and a telephone triage system is in place. This will close 15 minutes before closing times.
Sexual health check ups
- Screening and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PReP) Treatment
- HIV testing
- Treatment for genital skin problems, vaginal thrush, and other related non-sexual problems
- Support and counselling
- You can choose to get your results by phone call or text. No one will know your test results, unless you choose to tell them.
- Free contraceptive advice and contraception including condoms, contraceptive pills, implants and coils
- Free emergency contraception after unprotected sex (Plan B)
- Think you might be pregnant? You can get free pregnancy tests, confidential advice, pregnancy decision making support called Options and termination of pregnancy referrals
Sex therapy (Northumberland only)
- Sex therapy is for individuals or couples with relationship and sexual health problems or difficulties. Sex therapy can help adults of all ages, whether straight, bisexual, lesbian or gay, single people, couples, people living with chronic illness or disability; and people who are otherwise healthy. (Please note you do need to be referred to this service by your GP or healthcare professional)