Making a difference every day
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust provides healthcare to more than 500,000 people across North Tyneside and Northumberland. The trust’s Bright charity adds the extras that make a difference to our patients every day.
Bright funds those things that the NHS does not, including better facilities for patients and their families and support for our staff allowing them to provide the best care that you need.
It is only through the kindness, generosity and hard work of our supporters raising vital funds that we are able to do more and more each year.
Here are some examples of how your support helps to make an important difference:
- Enhancing the patient experience through additional therapies, services and comforts
- Helping to improve the hospital environment
- Providing state of the art medical equipment
- Investing in staff training and research to improve treatments and care
- Supporting projects in our community to improve health and wellbeing
As a member of the national NHS Charities Together charity, we have been fortunate to receive
grants through the COVID 19 appeal. This funding has been used in a number of ways, such as providing iPads to support patient communication, and providing wellbeing spaces and ‘grab and go’ food bags for staff. Please see our charity news page further information.
Our charity registration number is 1083122.