If you need additional assistance reading our website please use our accessibility tool.

Need help now?

If you or anyone else is in immediate danger or harm then please call the Police or Ambulance Service on 999 Or if you are able go to your local Accident and Emergency department.

Need urgent medical or mental health help?
If you do then it is crucial that you contact the right person and that is most likely to be your GP. They will know where to get you the specialist help you need.

If your GP surgery is closed their answerphone will direct you to the right place or you can call

NHS 111
Use The NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it is not a life threatening situation.

Need to talk

If you want to talk to someone about how you feel, what you’re experiencing or how to deal with someone else’s behaviour, you can contact:

The Samaritans offer a 24-hour telephone helpline. You can also contact them via email and letter.
Tel: 116 123

NHS Mental Health Community Crisis Team
If you are having suicidal thoughts or self harming you can ring the 24-hour NHS Mental Health Community Crisis Team.
Tel: 0303 123 1146

Staying safe
Have a look at for guidance and support to prevent suicidal thinking.

Let's find the service you're looking for...

See all of our services