We provide a range of health and care services to support the more than 500,000 people living in Northumberland and North Tyneside.
Our teams deliver care from hospitals, in a range of community venues and in people’s own homes. Our services include:
- Emergency and urgent care services including emergency surgery
- Planned and on-going care and rehabilitation
- Outpatient clinics in a range of conditions
- Elective surgery
- Diagnostic services
- Maternity services
- Children’s services
- End of life care
- Therapies including physio, occupational and speech and language
- Community services such as district nursing and health promotion
- Adult social care in Northumberland
We deliver care from sites across Northumberland and North Tyneside including an emergency care hospital, general and community hospitals, an outpatient and diagnostic centre, an elderly care unit and an integrated health and social care facility.
In Northumberland, we manage adult social care services on behalf of Northumberland County Council, helping to ensure patients have a seamless transition between hospital and home, and making sure they have the support in place for them to manage independently, and avoid hospital admission where possible.
We have been twice rated ‘outstanding’ overall by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
We are one of the North East’s largest employers with 12,000 dedicated members of staff.
We have a Council of Governors with 71 members, representing the public, staff and some of our external partners.
We were one of the first NHS trusts to receive foundation status, and have been a foundation trust for over a decade.
We invest heavily in staff to ensure that the best talent is attracted, developed, looked after, and retained in every area of the organisation. Staff satisfaction is high and our staff consistently rate us as one of the best places to work in the NHS.
We operate three wholly owned subsidiaries of the trust which enables us to offer expertise in particular areas outside of the trust:
- Northumbria Healthcare Facilities Management Limited was established in 2012 and provides specialist project management services for large and small capital developments, estates maintenance services and a full range of facilities services.
- Northumbria Primary Care (NPC) Ltd is a pioneering partnership with local GPs and now manages six GP practices with around 40,000 registered patients in Northumberland and North Tyneside