Clinic contact details
At the one to one centre in Shiremoor we provide free and confidential sexual health services for residents in North Tyneside aged 13 and over.
Our One to One Centre at Shiremoor is open at the following times:
- Monday - 8.45am – 5pm
- Tuesday - 8.45am – 7.30pm
- Wednesday - 8.45am – 5pm (Walk-in available 8.45am-4pm)
- Thursday - 8.45am – 7.30pm (Walk-in available 8.45am-6pm)
- Friday - 8.45am – 3pm
- Saturday 9am – 5pm (by appointment only)
From Monday 5th June telephone lines will be closed from 10:30 – 11:30
North Tyneside - 0191 2970441
Northumberland - 01670 51 51 51
Or you can use our live chat to speak to one of our receptionists.
To make an appointment please call the One to One Centre for your area.
Sexual health check ups
- Screening and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PReP) Treatment
- HIV testing
- Cervical smears (North Tyneside only)
- Treatment for genital skin problems, vaginal thrush, and other related non-sexual problems
- Support and counselling
- You can choose to get your results by phone call or text. No one will know your test results, unless you choose to tell them
- Free contraceptive advice and contraception including condoms, contraceptive pills, implants and coils
- Free emergency contraception after condomless sex
- Think you might be pregnant? You can get free pregnancy tests, confidential advice, pregnancy decision making support called Options and termination of pregnancy referrals
By bus: For up to date bus information please use Traveline service
By road: The One to One Centre is right at the traffic lights off New York Road onto Park Lane. Go over the roundabout (Boundary Mills is on your right) and take the next left onto Brenkley Ave. The One to One Centre is next to St Marks Church on the right.
Shiremoor Metro station is a five minute walk from the One to One Centre. Walk up Park Lane towards New York Road and take the third turning on the right onto Brenkley Ave.
There is limited parking including disabled parking at the front of the building.
Where appropriate you may be asked to attend a consultation online via a video call.
Rather than travelling to your appointment, you go into the clinic’s online ‘waiting area’. We will be notified when you arrive and your clinician will join you when ready
You don’t need to set up an account and no information you enter is stored.
If you have been given an online appointment please click on the following link to start the consultation at your appointment time – online consultation