We offer free and confidential Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea testing for people aged 15 to 24 who live in Northumberland and North Tyneside. Delivered FREE to your door.
The tests are simple and quick - you can take it yourself by using a urine sample. Order your discreet testing kit to be delivered to your door using the form at the bottom of this page. We advise testing every time you change your sexual partner.
Please note: Planned strikes by Royal Mail might cause delays in deliveries. We’re using other delivery services to help reduce disruption.
Chlamydia is the most common bacteria sexually transmitted infection (STI). At least 1 in 14 sexually active people under the age of 25 will have Chlamydia. Most people do not have symptoms, so you may not know you have it.
Due to an increase in Gonorrhoea, a sexually transmitted infection (STI), we are now testing all samples for both Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea. If left untreated Gonorrhoea can cause serious long-term complications for men and women, one of which can result in infertility.
Both STIs can be easily treated with antibiotics.
Find out more about common symptoms and treatment here.
For more information contact us on 0191 297 9859.
The kit contains:
- Postal container and specimen bottle
- Return envelope
- Test form
- Chlamydia testing information leaflet
The test is easy to take with just four simple steps:
1. Fill in the form, with your name, date of birth, and contact details, otherwise, the sample may not be tested. We will not share this information with anyone without your permission.
2. Complete the sticky label on the urine bottle then wee into the bottle. Tighten the cap securely to avoid leakage.
3. Put urine bottle into the larger container, tighten cap then place into the plastic bag attached to the test from and seal bag.
4. Put test form and sample in plastic Freepost envelope and post.
Between 7-10 working days of taking your test.
If your test is positive, a Health Advisor will contact you to discuss your result and arrange an appointment to give you some treatment (which is usually a short course of antibiotics).
If you are 25 or over, live in the area and you would like a full sexual health screen please call us to book an appointment at your nearest One to One Centre in Northumberland 01670 515151 or 0191 297 0441 for North Tyneside.
Alternatively you can order a full STI Home Testing Kit here.