Visitor restrictions in force across Northumberland and North Tyneside
Visitor restrictions are in place at all of our sites across Northumberland and North Tyneside.
The restrictions have been put in place to ensure the safety of our patients, staff and visitors are protected.
We know not being able to visit your loved ones when they are unwell is difficult and are doing everything we can to allow as much access as is safe.
Patient appointments, procedures and surgeries are unaffected and are continuing as normal.
The following restrictions will be in force until further notice:
- No (visiting) children under 12 at any time
- Visiting is restricted on all inpatient wards (at all sites) to between 14:00 – 15:00 and 18:30 – 19:30.
- In our birthing centre/maternity units – outside of the hours above – visiting is restricted to birthing partners only
- In paediatrics – outside of the hours above – visiting is restricted parents/ legal guardian only
- Only one visitor per patient is permitted in our emergency department or ambulatory care at any time
- On all wards no more than two visitors per patient on the ward at any time
If you wish to visit a patient in receipt of palliative/ end of life care or who is on one of our mental health wards you may continue to visit as normal but are urged to contact the ward before you travel. Given the risk of spreading infection and the increased pressure on parking facilities which may occur due to shortened visiting hours it is asked that – even within these hours – only essential visits be made.
The restrictions affect the following sites/ hospitals:
- Alnwick Infirmary
- Berwick Infirmary
- Blyth Community Hospital
- Haltwhistle War Memorial Hospital
- Hexham General Hospital
- North Tyneside General Hospital (see above)
- The Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital
- The Whalton Unit
- Wansbeck General Hospital
This section will be updated by 10:00 each morning – alternatively please contact the ward directly for more information
Elliot Nichols – Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
0191 203 1512 / 07966490736