Update for patients at Northumbria Healthcare
Due to ongoing recovery from the global cyber attack which took place on Friday 12 May, we are expecting some disruption to our planned services tomorrow (Monday 15 May). Our teams are continuing to work hard to bring our computer systems back online as safely and quickly as possible. This work will continue into the night and tomorrow morning.
If you have a scheduled appointment in any of our clinics or services across Northumberland and North Tyneside tomorrow please read the following advice and ensure you bring with you any clinic / appointment letters you already have:
Planned outpatient clinics
- All outpatient clinics on all sites will go ahead, however, our staff may not have access to any recent test results or scans you have had
- All planned day case procedures on all sites will go ahead tomorrow – please attend your appointment unless you have been contacted directly by the trust
- There will be disruption to some planned operations requiring an inpatient / overnight stay – approximately 10 patients are affected by this will be notified by the trust this evening. We will of course rearrange these procedures at the earliest possible opportunity and sincerely apologise for the inconvenience
Planned tests and scans
- All planned CT and MRI scans will be postponed and rearranged at the earliest possible opportunity. Those patients on urgent referral pathways will be prioritised and reorganised as a matter of priority. Any concerned patients should call the telephone number of their original appointment letter from 9.30am tomorrow to have any questions answered.
Community services and adult social care
- Patients receiving community nursing services and adult social care support in Northumberland are also being advised to expect some delays on Monday morning as services get back to usual following the major IT disruption.
Please continue to keep A&E and emergency 999 service free for those with serious or life threatening needs.
Media contact: Liz Davies 07584 204 715