We are consistently recognised as one of the best performing NHS trust’s in the country.
We provide excellent patient care
- Rated as 'outstanding' by the independent health and social care regulator, the Care Quality Commission
- Winner of Compassionate Patient Care award in HSJ Awards 2018 for our birth reflection service
- Named among the country’s 40 best performing organisations in CHKS Top Hospitals 2018 for the eleventh consecutive year
- Won the CHKS Top Hospitals 2018 patient experience award
- Received the Unicef Baby Friendly Gold sward for breastfeeding in Northumberland
- Winner of three Patient Experience Network national awards - for overall 'trust of the year', partnership working to improve the experience and using insight for improvement
We look after the welfare of our staff
- Awarded Investing in Volunteers quality standard
- Stonewall diversity champion
- Awarded a silver award as part of the ‘Step into Health’ employer recognition scheme for the support to the armed forces community in the North East
- Awarded the continuing excellence level of the Better Health at Work Award
We drive performance across the NHS and share best practice
- Leading a new and ambitious programme, Quality Improvement in Surgical Teams collaborative (QIST), to drive forward improvements for patients having hip and knee replacement surgery across the NHS
- Our revolutionary tele-monitoring link with Kilimanjaro Christian Medical Centre in Tanzania won the prestigious ‘Patients Choice’ award in the Building Better Healthcare Awards 2018.
- Given the green light to set up Northumbria Foundation Group to help drive innovation and improvement across the NHS
- Signed a unique memorandum of understanding with Xiangya Hospital Central South University, China, to share NHS expertise on providing integrated patient care
- Signed a historic memorandum of understanding with a leading healthcare provider in India, as part of an ambitious £1 billion programme to transform Indian health and care services
Quality and Innovation Festival
From Monday 19, our Quality and Innovation Festival will take place.
Click here to download the Agenda.