We are consistently recognised as one of the best performing NHS trust’s in the country.
We provide excellent patient care
- Rated as 'outstanding' by the independent health and social care regulator, the Care Quality Commission
- Winner of Compassionate Patient Care award in HSJ Awards 2018 for our birth reflection service
- Named among the country’s 40 best performing organisations in CHKS Top Hospitals 2018 for the eleventh consecutive year
- Won the CHKS Top Hospitals 2018 patient experience award
- Received the Unicef Baby Friendly Gold sward for breastfeeding in Northumberland
- Winner of three Patient Experience Network national awards - for overall 'trust of the year', partnership working to improve the experience and using insight for improvement
We look after the welfare of our staff
- Awarded Investing in Volunteers quality standard
- Stonewall diversity champion
- Awarded a silver award as part of the ‘Step into Health’ employer recognition scheme for the support to the armed forces community in the North East
- Awarded the continuing excellence level of the Better Health at Work Award
We drive performance across the NHS and share best practice
- Leading a new and ambitious programme, Quality Improvement in Surgical Teams collaborative (QIST), to drive forward improvements for patients having hip and knee replacement surgery across the NHS
- Our revolutionary tele-monitoring link with Kilimanjaro Christian Medical Centre in Tanzania won the prestigious ‘Patients Choice’ award in the Building Better Healthcare Awards 2018.
- Given the green light to set up Northumbria Foundation Group to help drive innovation and improvement across the NHS
- Signed a unique memorandum of understanding with Xiangya Hospital Central South University, China, to share NHS expertise on providing integrated patient care
- Signed a historic memorandum of understanding with a leading healthcare provider in India, as part of an ambitious £1 billion programme to transform Indian health and care services
Quality and Innovation Festival
From Monday 18 October, our Quality and Innovation Festival will take place.
Click here to download the Agenda.