Listening to thousands of patients
We have one of the most extensive patient experience programmes of any trust in the country. We interview hundreds of people every month both during and after their care so that we can understand what they think about the care we provide. This feedback is extremely important to us as it lets us know what we are doing right and helps us understand more about what we need to do to change things for the better.
We want to ensure the experience of patients and their families is exceptional, however we know we only achieve this by supporting our employees to provide the type of care they would want for themselves and their families.
We also want to ensure people using our services are supported to make informed choices about their care or treatment and feel confident and in control. We expect that they will be listened to and treated with honesty, respect and dignity at all times.
We collect views in a number of ways including:
- Surveys while people are still in our care so we can act quickly on any feedback received
- Short questionnaires that patients complete just before they leave hospital
- Detailed surveys sent after they have returned home to give a different perspective on their care
Experiences are measured on the things that we know matter most to our patients, including consistent decisions and information about care and treatment, being treated with respect and dignity, how involved patients are in their care and the quality of their relationships with medical and nursing teams.
From feedback, we know that:
- 98% of patients attending for an appointment rate us as excellent, very good or good.
- 97% of patients would be extremely likely or likely to recommend us.
- 95% of patients staying overnight rate their care as excellent, very good or good.
- 94% of adult social care service users said support services improved their quality of life
- Patients scored us 9,9 out of 10 for kind and compassionate care
Please use the online form to tell us if you have been pleased with the care you have been given, or you want to let us know if there is anything we need to improve on. You can also use this form if you wish to make a complaint.