If you are aged 18 or over and live in Northumberland or North Tyneside you can request a free sexually transmitted infection (STI) home testing kit here.
A sexually transmitted infection (STI), is a bacterial or viral infection that can be passed on through unprotected sexual contact.
Home testing kits are only suitable if you do not have any symptoms of an STI.
If you do have symptoms please contact your local One to One Centre to book an appointment.
Shiremoor 0191 297 0441
Blyth 01670 515151
Frequently asked questions
- What will I be tested for?
Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea, HIV, Syphilis, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C.
- What is a symptom of an STI?
- unusual discharge
- lumps of blisters around the genitals or anus
- pain when passing urine
- pain and/or bleeding after sex
- pain in the testicles or lower tummy
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms please contact your local One to
One Centre to book an appointment.
- What’s in a test?
Each kit contains everything you need to provide us with your own samples:
- Equipment to take your own urine sample and finger-prick test.
- Patient registration form
- Return envelope (with prepaid postage)
- When will I get my results?
You should receive your results within 2 weeks of us having received your samples.
- What happens if I test positive?
If you test is positive, a Health Advisor will contact you to discuss your result and arrange an appointment to give you treatment.
- What if I am under 18 and need testing for STI’s?
If you are under the age of 18 you can contact your local one to one centre to book an appointment.