We provide free and confidential sexual health services in North Tyneside and Northumberland for anyone aged 13 and over.
Please note: In line with the national guidance we are offering a reduced service.
From Monday 6 July 2020, our One to One Centres at Shiremoor and Morpeth will open Monday to Thursday 9am to 8pm and on Fridays and Saturdays from 9am to 3pm.
There is no walk-in service available and a telephone triage system is in place. Telephone lines will operate 8.30am to 7.30pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.30am to 2.30pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
Please note: From Monday, 16 October 2020, the telephone lines at North Tyneside will close between 11am-12pm and 3pm-4pm Monday to Thursday. We apologies for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Outreach clinics remain closed until further notice.
North Tyneside: 0191 297 0441
Northumberland: 01670 515151
To access free HIV and syphilis testing please call the One to One Centre for your area. If you are over 16 and live in North Tyneside or Northumberland you can also order a free HIV home testing kit online at freetesting.hiv Freetesting.hiv is powered by SH:24 CIC, a not for profit digital sexual health service, developed in partnership with the NHS.
We provide information advice and support on contraception, screening and treatment for Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs), pregnancy decision making called ‘Options’, counselling and education.
We are here to listen, not to tell. We don’t judge, and our services are confidential for people of all ages, gender and sexual preference.
In addition to the services we provide, we are also supporting the Disrespect Nobody Campaign – please click here for more information.
Sexual health check ups
- Screening and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- HIV testing
- Cervical smears (North Tyneside only)
- Treatment for genital skin problems, vaginal thrush, and other related non-sexual problems
- Support and counselling
- You can choose to get your results by phone call or text. No one will know your test results, unless you choose to tell them.
- Free contraceptive advice and contraception including condoms, contraceptive pills, implants and coils
- Free emergency contraception after unprotected sex (Plan B)
- Think you might be pregnant? You can get free pregnancy tests, confidential advice, pregnancy decision making support called Options and termination of pregnancy referrals
Sex therapy (Northumberland only)
- Sex therapy is for individuals or couples with relationship and sexual health problems or difficulties. Sex therapy can help adults of all ages, whether straight, bisexual, lesbian or gay, single people, couples, people living with chronic illness or disability; and people who are otherwise healthy. (Please note you do need to be referred to this service by your GP or healthcare professional)
We offer a choice of appointments at our centres in North Tyneside and Northumberland, as well as within outreach clinics in a variety of venues including health centres, schools, youth clubs and community centres. The majority of services are provided from the two main centres. Give the centre a call to check if the service you need is available when you require it. You can call the two main centres direct.
If you live in North Tyneside call our One to One Centre, Shiremoor, on 0191 297 0441
If you live in Northumberland call our One to One Centre, Morpeth, on 01670 51 51 51
See our where to find us page for a details of all clinics.
Where appropriate you may be asked to attend a consultation online via a video call.
Rather than travelling to your appointment, you go into the clinic’s online ‘waiting area’. We will be notified when you arrive and your clinician will join you when ready
You don’t need to set up an account and no information you enter is stored.
If you have been given an online appointment please click on the following link to start the consultation at your appointment time – online consultation