We provide free and confidential sexual health services in North Tyneside and Northumberland for anyone aged 13 and over.
We provide information advice and support on contraception, screening and treatment for Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs), pregnancy decision making called ‘Options’, counselling and education.
Services available 9am to 7.30pm Monday to Friday with some slots available on Saturdays. Give the centre a call to check if the service you need is available when you require it.
We are here to listen, not to tell. We don’t judge, and our services are confidential for people of all ages, gender and sexual preference.
In addition to the services we provide, we are also supporting the Disrespect Nobody Campaign – please click here for more information.
Sexual health check ups
- Screening and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- HIV testing
- Cervical smears (North Tyneside only)
- Treatment for genital skin problems, vaginal thrush, and other related non-sexual problems
- Support and counselling
- You can choose to get your results by phone call or text. No one will know your test results, unless you choose to tell them.
- Free contraceptive advice and contraception including condoms, contraceptive pills, implants and coils
- Free emergency contraception after unprotected sex (Plan B)
- Think you might be pregnant? You can get free pregnancy tests, confidential advice, pregnancy decision making support called Options and termination of pregnancy referrals
Sex therapy (Northumberland only)
- Sex therapy is for individuals or couples with relationship and sexual health problems or difficulties. Sex therapy can help adults of all ages, whether straight, bisexual, lesbian or gay, single people, couples, people living with chronic illness or disability; and people who are otherwise healthy. (Please note you do need to be referred to this service by your GP or healthcare professional)
Contacting the service
We offer a choice of appointments at our centres in North Tyneside and Northumberland, as well as within outreach clinics in a variety of venues including health centres, schools, youth clubs and community centres. The majority of services are provided from the two main centres. Give the centre a call to check if the service you need is available when you require it. You can call the two main centres direct.
If you live in North Tyneside call our One to One Centre, Shiremoor, on 0191 297 0441
If you live in Northumberland call our One to One Centre, Morpeth, on 01670 51 51 51
See our where to find us page for a details of all clinics.