If you have a chronic disease such as COPD, diabetes, have a life limiting illness or you are so unwell you become housebound temporarily, we provide specialist nursing care and advice in your home or in the community.
We typically see people in their own home or a residential home but we also run clinics in GP practices.
Our services include:
- Nursing care for patients experiencing an acute period of illness
- Palliative care for patients close to the end of their life
- Care and advice for chronic diseases for housebound clients
- Leg ulcer care
- Advice and support in managing continence issues
- Advice about healthy living
- Assessment and referral for pressure relief equipment and other aids
- Referral to other services
District nurse visits
If you need a home visit, this will normally take place between 8.30am and 5pm, Monday to Sunday. Your needs will determine what time you are visited, for example if you need an injection at a certain time. If you need a visit outside of these times you will be visited by our out-of-hours team.
We continually review your needs during the course of your treatment or care plan. You may be asked to attend your local GP practice to complete your treatment as your condition improves or when you are no longer housebound.
For Northumberland, you can make contact with your local district nurse via your GP surgery. In North Tyneside you can make contact with your local district nurse on 0191 293 2580.