General information on workplace health and wellbeing
(All external links open in a new window.)
- ACAS - The Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service. The service operates a national helpline on 08457 474747.
- The Equality and Human Rights Commission - various Acts can be downloaded, along with explanations and advice.
- The Health and Safety Executive - provides information and advice on Health and Safety at work.
- Health and Safety Executive stress management standards - includes guidance on managing stress in the workplace.
- Creating a Healthy Workplace - A Guide for Occupational Safety and Health Professionals and Employers is available from UK's Faculty of Public Health.
- Legal Services Commission - provides information on legal matters including Legal Aid. It also runs the community legal service which provides an information line on debt, housing and benefits - 0845 345 4 345
- National Association of Citizens' Advice Bureau provides information on your rights as an employee.
- NHS Employers offers advice to employers and staff on stress in the workplace.
- The Trades Union Congress (TUC) - provides information on a range of workplace issues; in particular, health and safety.
- WorkSMART offers advice on work-related health for all workers and employers, with useful links to other relevant sites.
Mental health and wellbeing
- Employers for work-life balance - provides examples of flexible working hours in companies across the UK
- Managing sickness absence and return to work - provides information from the Health and Safety Executive website on managing sickness in the workplace.
- MindOut for Mental Health 'line managers resource' - a useful guide to supporting staff with mental health issues in the workplace.
- Women’s Aid - a charity for women experiencing domestic abuse and provides a useful online information pack of the support available locally and across the UK
- Domestic abuse 24 hour helpline 0808 2000 247
- Victim Support 0845 30 30 900
- Northumberland Woman’s Refuge 01670 820199
- Relate (for any relationship issue) 0191 2329109
- The Health and Safety Executive have guides for employers on managing alcohol at work called Don’t Mix It, and another on drug use in the workplace, Drug Misuse at Work.
- DrugScope - provides reliable information on drugs and their effects.
- Alcohol Concern - gives help and advice on alcohol related issues and the support available.
- Escape Drugs support helpline 07702 833944
- Alcoholics Anonymous 0191 5214400
- Carers UK, Carers and work - gives information to help people who look after someone to juggle work and caring, and make choices about returning to work.