The North East Better Health at Work award (BHAW) is a regional award scheme which recognises and endorses workplaces that motivate workers in developing a sustainable culture of health and wellbeing.
The award is a partnership between the NHS and local businesses and is open to all organisations regardless of business size or sector.
Benefits of providing a healthy workplace include:
- Reduced absence due to ill health caused or made worse by work.
- Helping employees who have been ill to return to work.
- Improving work opportunities for people currently not in employment due to ill health or disability.
- Using the work environment to help people maintain or improve their health.
For detailed information about the award and how to apply, please download:
- Benefits for Business 2009 (PDF 1.1mb)
- BHAW Award employers guidelines (Word doc 2.2Mb, includes application form)
- To find out what other organisations think about the North East Better at Work Award, download the award scheme research report
(External links open in a new window.)
Your can also contact your local award coordinator, if you are based in Northumberland contact Steven Chater - firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01670 532010.
For businesses based in North Tyneside contact Maureen Turner - email@example.com or call 0191 270 4514