If you need additional assistance reading our website please use our accessibility tool.

Equipment and Loans Services

If you have social care or health needs and live in Northumberland, the Joint Equipment Loans Service (JELS) can provide equipment to help you to live independently at home.

The equipment we provide can help protect you from accidents, assist you with carrying out day to day tasks, and make it easier for people to care for you. Providing the right equipment can also help you to move back home after being in hospital.

Please see our FAQs below which has lots of information about the services.

For further information please ask your  health or social care professional or you can contact the service directly on 01670 730595.


Who is eligible to borrow equipment?

The service provides equipment for anyone that needs it, but this decision is made by health or social care professionals including care managers, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, specialist social workers, district nurses and health visitors.

If you think you would benefit from having a piece of equipment you should tell your care manager (or any of the professionals mentioned above) and they will be able to help you.

Online Consultation

Where appropriate you may be asked to attend a consultation online via a video call.

Rather than travelling to your appointment, you go into the clinic’s online ‘waiting area’. We will be notified when you arrive and your clinician will join you when ready

You don’t need to set up an account and no information you enter is stored.

If you have been given an online appointment please click on the following link to start the consultation at your appointment time – online consultation

Let's find the service you're looking for...

See all of our services