Being a member
As a member you will:
- Help improve patient care by giving us your views.
- Receive regular updates on what is happening in our trust through e-bulletins, this website and newsletters.
- Learn more about healthcare services and developments through exclusive member seminars and events.
- Attend meetings of our council of governors - general meetings are held four times a year in April, July (AGM), October and January. Please see opposite for dates.
- Exchange views and network with other members.
- Vote for representatives, or stand to be elected yourself, to our council of governors.
Anyone who either lives in North Tyneside or Northumberland, has been a patient with us or is a member of staff can become a member.
If you’d like to become a member all you need to do is fill in the online application form or call our foundation membership team on 0191 203 1296.
Minutes of council of governors general meetings
People are invited to attend the next general meeting which is scheduled to take place on Wednesday 23 April 2014, at Northumbria House, Unit 7/8 Silver Fox Way, Cobalt Business Park, North Shields, NE27 0QJ. The meeting starts at 5pm.
- Council of Governors General Meeting Agenda 23 April 2014
- Council of Governors General Meeting Minutes 23rd October 2013
- Annual Members Meeting Minutes 17th July 2013
- Council of Governors General Meeting Minutes 22nd May 2013
- Council of Governors General Meeting Minutes 24th April 2013
- Council of Governors General Meeting Minutes 23rd January 2013
We recognise some people will want to be more involved than others so we have created two different options for member involvement:
If you would like to give us your thoughts and ideas but do not have a great deal of time to spare, this level of involvement may suit you. You will receive an annual members' newsletter and voting information only.
If you are interested in learning more about your local health services and would like to attend local seminars, any public events we’re holding or governor meetings then this is the level for you. You will receive the annual newsletter, voting information, e-updates, invitations to events and information about further involvement opportunities.
Whichever option you choose, you will be a full member of our Trust with all the benefits.
Join us today by filling in a simple membership form. Please get in touch with us if you want more information.
Contact details for foundation membership team:
Foundation membership office,
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust,
Unit 7/8 Silver Fox Way,
Cobalt Business Park,