Organisations in North Tyneside and Northumberland can access free health improvement resources and information.
You can order online below.
Health improvement resources for professionals
If you work for an organisation within Northumberland or North Tyneside you can access a range of health improvement information, advice and resources on a variety of topics including accident prevention, alcohol, stop smoking, sexual health and leading a healthy lifestyle. We also provide health promotion information specifically designed for young people.
As a professional you can order health promotion leaflets and posters free of charge and we also have a small amount of other resources and equipment available to loan such as teaching packs, films, nutrition games, and stop smoking resources.
Please note: these resources are only available to organisations within Northumberland or North Tyneside.
Resources and ordering
We have catalogues which you can order from:
- main resource catalogues list
- the young people’s resource catalogue (PDF)
- health improvement service - leaflet and poster resources catalogue
Note: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed to view PDF files. If you do not have it you can download it here for free. If you do not have Microsoft Word to view .doc files, you can download the free Word Viewer. (External links open in a new window.)
You can order the resources you want by finding the catalogues then categories you wish to view. Once you know which resources you want you can either order online by clicking the links below or by completing the printable forms.
To order online select:
To order using printable forms select:
- leaflets and posters order form (PDF, 49Kb)
- resources (teaching packs, videos) and equipment order form (PDF, 95Kb)
Health Improvement Service,
We are not able to take orders on the telephone.
How can I get my order / can my order be delivered?
Orders may take up to ten working days to process and then there will be delivery time if going by van. Please allow adequate time to place and receive your order.
Orders are delivered by NHS community stores vans which deliver to NHS premises only, e.g health centres, clinics, and hospitals in Northumberland and North Tyneside.
On your booking form please give your full details and details of your nearest clinic, health centre or hospital from which you will pick up your order. To find out which is the nearest to you, please email or call him on 01670 840 892.
You can also pick up your order directly from the health improvement department at Epsom Drive in Ashington.
Teaching packs, DVDs and equipment are loaned out for one month. If you need them for longer please contact us to make arrangements.
If you borrow resources you must return all items by the return date and you can do this:
- In person. Please ring on 01670 811 972 before you come to ensure someone will be available.
- By Royal Mail.
- By our community store vans - you must ensure that the items will be delivered to arrive at the department by the due date. If they cannot then you must use one of the other methods.
All resources being returned to the service must be packaged and addressed to:
Health Improvement Service
If any items are lost, or returned damaged, it is your responsibility to reimburse the department for any costs incurred to replace or repair the item.
Visiting the resource centre
If you would like to arrange a visit to see what type of resources are available please contact us to make an appointment - 01670 840 892.
Health promotion campaigns
We support health promotion campaigns and for those listed below we will be automatically sending out literature for if you are on our distribution list. If you are based within Northumberland or North Tyneside and would like to be added to the list please contact:
Admin and HIMP Programmes Manager,
Health Improvement Service,
Campaigns for 2014
- New Year, New You ( Inc: Health Harms, Dry January, Healthy Food Choices)
- Healthy Relationships ( Inc: This is Abuse Campaign)
- No Smoking Day 12th March
- Cancer Awareness
- Get Moving (Inc: Walk to Work 12-16 May, Walk to School Week 19-23 May, Sun Awareness Week 5-11 May)
- Child Safety Week 23-29 June
- Children's Healthy Weight (Inc: Fit 4 The Future)
- Smokefree Homes & Cars
- Diversity Month
- Sexual Health Week (TBA)
- Healthy Ageing (Inc: Flu Awareness, Arthritis, Trips & Falls etc)
- World Mental Health Day (10 October)
- Alcohol Awareness
- World AIDS Day (1 December)
- Safe and healthy festive season
If you would like to support various other campaigns that we do not, then follow the link below for more information: