Listening exercise launched to hear views on a possible new integrated hospital development for Berwick
We are working with partners at Northumberland Clinical Commissioning Group and Northumberland County Council to consider the possibility of the new hospital in Berwick being part of an integrated development including health, social care and leisure services.
A listening exercise is being launched this month by Northumberland Clinical Commissioning Group with a series of informal drop in sessions at community venues around Berwick to give members of the public the chance to call by for a short time to give their views about the potential new integrated development and about the different sites that are available.
People living in the Belford and Wooler areas will be able to call by the Northumbria Healthcare ‘Join our Journey’ trailer which will be parked up in those areas to give their views. There will also be a trailer in Berwick Market Place.
The plans to redevelop Berwick Infirmary were paused 18 months ago to allow time to consider the implications of local, regional and national healthcare strategies and also to consider the findings of a review of Berwick Infirmary which looked at how it could best be used to meet the healthcare needs of local people.
The CCG is pleased that the Berwick Regeneration Commission is now in place with membership including county councillors, town councillors and public governors from Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust. This will ensure that any new development contributes to the wider regeneration of the town and that opportunities can be taken for integrating services to ensure maximum benefits for local people.
Details of the drop in sessions taking place follow:
- Tuesday 27 February, 2pm – 6pm, Jubilee Club, Spittal, Berwick-upon-Tweed TD15 2JL
- Wednesday 28 February, 9am – 4pm, Northumbria Healthcare ‘Join our Journey’ trailer, Berwick Market Place, TD15 1BN
- Thursday 1 March, 12.30pm – 3.30pm, United Reformed Church, Main Street, Spittal, Berwick-upon-Tweed, TD15 1QY,
- Thursday 1 March, 10am – 12pm, Northumbria Healthcare Join our Journey Trailer, Belford Market Square, (outside Blue bell), Market Place, Belford, NE70 7NE
- Thursday 1 March, 2pm-4pm, Northumbria Healthcare Join our Journey Trailer, Cheviot Centre, Padgepool Place, Wooler, NE71 6BL
- Saturday 3 March, 30pm – 3.30pm, Tweedmouth Church Hall, Church Rd, Tweedmouth, Berwick-upon-Tweed, TD15 2AJ
- Tuesday 6 March, 12pm – 2pm, Swan Centre, Northumberland Rd, Tweedmouth, Berwick-upon-Tweed TD15 2AS
- Thursday 8 March, 4.30pm – 6.30pm, St Mary’s School, Newfields, Berwick-upon-Tweed TD15 1SP
For further information or if you would like to confirm your attendance please contact Melody Price 01670 335185 or email email@example.com. You can also give your views by following us on Twitter @NHSNlandCCG or Facebook @northumberlandccg