Shadow council of governors in North Cumbria
We have now recruited a shadow council of governors for North Cumbria. You can see the results here.
If you're interested in joining one of the best performing trusts in the country and play a key role in shaping the future of hospital services in Cumbria, become a member and we'll keep you notified.
What do governors do?
Our governors represent the interests of our members, staff and local public sector organisations in influencing the development of our trust. Governors relay information about the trust, our vision and our performance and take account of the views of the groups they serve. They are elected or nominated to their positions and together they form our council of governors.
You can read more information about the role of our governors:
View or download terms of reference for the council of governors and its committees:
- Governors Body General meetings (PDF)
- Nomination, Remuneration & Development Committee (PDF)
- Membership Committee (PDF)
Council of governors
Our council of governors is made up of:
- 36 members of the public, elected to their positions by members
- 23 members of staff, elected to their positions by employees
- 11 representatives of local public sector organisations, nominated to their positions by these organisations