Help us improve
Patient groups help to let us know what we're doing right and what we can improve on.
Our readers’ panel and user forums are another way you can get involved with our Trust.
We want to ensure that any information we produce for patients, relatives and carers who use our services is as clear and helpful as possible.
Our readers’ panel is made up of members of the public who review information before it is published. The role of the panel is to:
- Offer feedback on how to make information more accessible to patients, relatives and carers
- Work with staff to develop new information materials for example patient leaflets
They also provide feedback on:
- Whether a document is easy to read and understand
- Whether the content is ordered in a helpful way
- The use of language and the tone, design and layout
You don’t need to have any medical knowledge to become part of the panel. If you are interested in joining please contact the foundation membership team on 0191 2031657.
User forums are friendly, informal meetings made up of people who use our services in Northumberland who meet up on a regular basis to talk about issues that are important to them and feed their views back to us.
Who goes to the user forums?
Anyone who uses social services arranged by a care manager (e.g. home care) or community health services (e.g. district nursing) can attend the forums. Carers have valuable experience of how services work and are welcome at the forums.
Our staff also attend the meetings to listen to what people have to say, help answer any questions and feedback to the organisation.
Where are they held?
They are held in different community venues across Northumberland and we currently run forums for:
- Older people in Berwick, Ashington and Hexham
- People with dementia and their carers in Berwick and Ashington
- People with long term conditions in Bedlington which includes people with a range of neurological conditions
They are held every 2 months, last around 2 hours and you can attend as little or as often as you like. We can help arrange transport to get you to the meetings or we can pay for your travel expenses.
Contact our Involvement and Participation Manager Ann Brown on 01670 394 414 or email: Ann.Brown@nhct.nhs.uk
We also work with Carers Northumberland who play their part in developing and improving both their own services for carers and with social and health care partners using forums, groups and events. You can call them on 0844 800 7354 or email