Thank you for supporting your local NHS
Since the Covid 19 crisis began, we have been quite overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity of our local communities in stepping forward to support our NHS.
From making online donations with messages of support via our Just Giving page to people finding unique ways to fundraise – from selling art prints to completing virtual exercise challenges from their homes.
We are hugely grateful to everyone who has donated, including many local companies and businesses, whose generosity and kindness enabled us to provide emergency support to our staff and patients at this challenging time.
We have also been fortunate to receive funding from the NHS Charities Together Covid 19 appeal which has raised millions of pounds with the help of Sir Tom Moore walking 100 laps of his garden for his birthday.
Thank you to everyone who has donated and this has enabled us to provide emergency support to our staff and patients at this challenging time.
See examples below of how your support has been helping:
- iPads and communication devices provided to support patient/family communication
- Wellbeing / rest spaces for staff
- Staff mental health initiatives
- Scrub bags and bereavement bags
- Legacare (emergency legal advice for patients nearing the end of life)
- Wellbeing packs for staff
- D/deaf awareness support
- Emergency welfare packs (food & essentials)
- Wellbeing running t-shirts
- Toiletry bags for patients and staff
- COVID 19 volunteer expenses
- Fruit & Veg packs
- Mini markets for staple groceries
- Webcams for education centre
- BAME staff initiatives
- Care home project – to support isolation/loneliness
- Grants provided to local disability groups
As the pandemic continues into 2021 and our hospitals face increasing levels of admissions, our emergency ‘Standing by Northumbria’ Covid 19 fund continues to welcome donations to help our staff provide the best possible care across our communities.
To make an online donation, please visit our JustGiving page
If you would like to fundraise for us please contact email@example.com or call 0191 203 1354
To donate goods and gifts, in order to comply with social distancing rules, please book a delivery slot by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once again, thank you!